Saturday, March 13, 2010

Welcome... and a Recipe!

Welcome to the first post for Edible Voodoo.  As you noticed from the title, there will be a most excellent recipe included just to start things out right.  First though, a little bit about what this blog will and will not be.  You can expect recipes, both things I've develop as well as recipes that other's have done that I think are worth sharing.  Also, being a major book lover, you can expect book reviews on any book that has to deal with food, cookbooks, history of, biographies of famous chefs, etc.  Finally, but I hope not least, there will be post about topics I find interesting or just need to rant about.

OK ok, time for the recipe.  This is for a marinade that goes very well with chicken. It's from one of the CIA cookbooks (I can't remember which one) with a few adjustments from me.  So, here is it.

Tandoori Marinade
  
8 fl. oz. yogurt (I like vanilla)
4 fl. oz. lemon juice
1 oz grated ginger
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 tablespoon cumin
1/2 oz. cilantro leaves
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon salt

Combine all.

No comments: